Tome is a small village south of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The church is called Nuestra Senora de la Imaculada Conception de Tome, Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception in Tome. The church was established in 1750, at a time when Commanche raids were a constant threat on the frontier. Its thick adobe walls gave sanctuary in times of danger. A decisive battle in 1779 led to a long lasting truce between the Spanish settlers and the Comanche. Reverend Jean Baptiste Ralliere served the parish for forty-five years and earned the nickname “el padre eterno”.
TOME CHURCH MODEL
Out of stock