The church at Talpa is small and sweet. Talpa is just east of Ranchos de Taos, so it is on the High Road to Taos close to where it joins the Low Road to Taos. The official name of this church is Our Lady of St. John of the Lakes. It was built of adobe in 1823, and its altar screen (reredos) is by the famous santero, Mollero.
TALPA CHURCH MODEL
Out of stock